Updated: Mar 4, 2019
Banana bread is one of those recipes which i believe anyone can perfect. It is very easy and literally comes together in seconds, the preparation part that is. If you feel a little bit intimidated by baking, this recipe is a good place to start working on your baking confidence.
3 overripe bananas
1.5 cups bread flour (I use this one)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 vegetable oil
1 tbsp vanilla essence
1 tsp each baking soda and powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
Pinch of all spice
1. In a bowl, mash bananas with a fork until almost lump less.
2. Add sugar, egg, oil and mix well.
3. Add in dry ingredients and mix into a smooth batter.
4. Transfer to an oiled and floured bread tin and bake in 180deg oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Let loaf cool on cooling rack for 30 minutes before slicing
6. Serve and enjoy