Updated: Mar 4, 2019
This recipe for Chicken livers is probably my most requested. I once posted it on my Instagram page one evening and woke up to so many DMs requesting for a recipe.
This is a favorite in my house, we eat it at least once a week. It is inexpensive, easy to prepare, very versatile and delicious. I will be sharing many different recipes for chicken livers here on the blog. This time, I made a curried version.
2x Packs Real Good Chicken Livers
1tbsp vegetable oil
1-2 tbsp honey
2tbsp tomato paste
1 can coconut milk
1 onion finely diced
2 cloves of garlic
1thump sized piece of peeled ginger, chopped
1tbsp ground coriander
1tsp each cumin, smoked paprika, turmeric and garam masala powder and kashmiri chilli (you can leave out if unavailable),
1/4tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Real Good Chicken livers come already well cleaned, so rinse off in running water and drain them in a colander.
2. Lightly fry chicken livers in vegetable oil over medium high heat until most of the blood is cooked off. Drain off access liquid in a colander.
3. In a separate pan, fry onions in ghee over medium heat until soft and translucent.
4. Make a paste with your garlic and ginger in a pestle and mortar. Add to the onions. Fry for about a minute until garlic and ginger become fragrant.
5. Add tomatoes and spices and cook until it forms a coarse paste.
6. Add chicken livers, along with honey, tomato paste, salt and pepper and fry until livers are well coated.
7. Add the tin of coconut milk and let it simmer on low heat until sauce thickens.
8. Skim off access oil and discard.
9. Serve and enjoy.