Updated: Mar 4, 2019
This easy Lemon and Herb Butter chicken will have you in awe at how delicious and easy to prepare it is. It takes no time at all to come together. Pop it into the oven for about 1.5 hours and you have yourself a perfect protein which will go well with any side.
2kg Mixed chicken pieces
6/8 Pealed and quartered potatoes
4 Cloves minced garlic
1tbsp each of fresh parsley, thyme and basil
2tbsp Olive oil
Juice half a lemon
Zest of one lemon
1/2tbsp smoked paprika (I use this one)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt butter along with olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add herbs and lemon zest once butter is completely melted.
2. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Set aside while you work on the chicken.
3. Place chicken and potatoes in an oven safe pan and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
4. Pour herb garlic mixture over the chicken and massage it in nicely with your hands, until all chicken and potato pieces are coated.
5. Cover with foil and bake in a 200deg oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and continue to bake for another 30 minutes for the chicken to crisp up.
6. Serve with any side of your choice.